In pursuit of nothing short of palazzo perfection? Your adventure begins here at a gorgeous garden on the Grand Canal…
Built on behalf of Austrian Prince Fritz Hohenlohe-Waldenburg and his wife Zina, and hallowed in Italian history as a haven for esteemed writers, politicians and artists, including the poet Gabriele D’Annunzio who made his home here in 1914, the exquisite Casetta Rossa has been transformed into a contemporary idyll set to seduce the select few the moment they step through its doors.
Drawing open admiration and lingering curiosity from boating travellers sailing along the water, and gazing directly across to the Guggenheim where the glitterati and Venetian society occasionally soiréeup on high, this exceptional ‘Doll’s House’ property with its manicured private garden sleeps 8 guests in deluxe surroundings arranged over 3 floors.
Discreet Italian elegance advances to greet you at the door before whisking you off into another (lavishly appointed!) world where bold design and a self-assured aesthetic have reawakened the classic fabric of detailed stuccoes, terrazzo flooring, highly varnished wood and speckled mirrors.
Boastinga traditional ‘altana’ roof terrace for taking in the rays and air-conditioning throughout for those sizzling Venetian summer days, this remarkable property is as spacious as it is striking and comprises:
Tucked away deep in an upmarket central location within a waltz of La Fenice Opera House, Campo Santo Stefano and St. Mark’s Square…
- A lantern-lit private doorway on the little Corte di Calle del Tagiapiera – Courtyard of the Street of the Stonemason – leading into the
Ground Floor, where we discover
- An elegant entrance hallway hinting at the accommodation within
- A bright, south-facing, uber-stylish sitting room peppered with modern art and masterfully furnished with a pair of plush designer toffee-brown sofas and double doors opening onto the…
- Glorious private furnished lawned garden overlooking the waters of the Grand Canal to the fore – a tremendously special space and a real rarity in Venice enjoying magical views towards the Gothic Palazzo da Mula (immortalised by Monet), the unfinished Palazzo Venier dei Leoni (a.k.a. the Peggy Guggenheim Collection), the funnel-shaped chimneys of Palazzo Dario, and the mosaic covered Palazzos Barbarigo and Salviati, and extending all the way down past weathered bricole and bobbing gondolas to the iconic silvery domes of Santa Maria Della Salute
Expertly planted and beautifully maintained, there’s a retractable awning providing shade for al fresco dining or aperitivi and a delightful furnished canal-side arbour with herringbone paving and plenty of cushioned seating for soaking up the Venice vibe
- A 2nd dainty sitting room akin to a little jewellery box and a supremely successful collaboration of the antique and the modern – adorned with pretty stuccoes, painted panels, and an enormous curved sofa and offering views from its creeper-clad windows over the garden to the fore
- A jaw-droppingly spectacular formal dining room to the centre of the casetta with ravishing antique mirror-panelled walls, terrazzo flooring underfoot and a chic designer dining suite lit by twinkling chandelier
Stairs rising to the:
1st Floor, where we find
- A luxurious principal double bedroom suite lit by 3 picture windows with decorative iron balustrades looking out towards the glinting jade-green waters of the Grand Canal just beyond, flamboyantly attired in crimson moiré fabric and furnished with a double bed with small sitting area at its foot plus a literally dazzling art-deco style en suite bathroom to the rear with highly varnished panelling, a bathtub and gilt period fittings
- A 2nd stylish double bedroom witha splendid pair of picture windows and views echoing those of the principal, walls of vermillion velveteen creating an air of warmth and cosiness and its own separate bathroom with wood panelling and bathtub
- A further sitting room/studio towards the centre/rear – cocooning and restful in ambience and furnished with a large corner sofa
- An additional art deco-style bathroom with shower
Stairs rising to the:
2nd Floor, home to
- A 3rd elegantly appointed double bedroom in yellow ochre and teal blue with opulent moiré fabric wall coverings, 2 single beds, 3 picture windows with decorative balustrades enjoying the casetta’s signature views, plus a sitting alcove/snug just to the side and its own separate art deco-style bathroom with shower
- A 4th delicious bedroom mirroring the colour palette of the 3rd with walls of butter yellow velveteen, a double bed dressed in teal blue, a pair of canal-facing picture windows enjoying those Grand Canal views plus an art deco-style en suite bathroom with bathtub
Stairs to the rear rising to the:
3rd Floor, location of
- The wonderful wooden ‘altana’ rooftop terrace, furnished with sun-loungers for whiling away your downtime and looking onto the imposing side façade of the neighbouring 16th-century Palazzo Corner della Ca’ Grande (designed by Sansovino and today the seat of the Prefecture of Venice)
Daily maid and breakfast service are included during your stay at Casetta Rossa. Additional concierge services may also be arranged.
FURTHER DETAILS AND RATE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST ONLY. PLEASE CONTACTrachele.firstname.lastname@example.org
A historically significant Grand Canal home – sensitively restored, fearlessly furnished and in a league of its own.
Moments from the peaceful Campo San Maurizio and within a short walk of the attractions of St. Mark’s Square – the Basilica, Campanile, Doge’s Palace, Clock Tower, Caffé Florian and nearby Harry’s Bar – passingthe boutiques of some of the most famous names in Italian fashion including Ferragamo, Versace, Gucci, Bulgari, Prada … and many more!
A pleasant stroll to the Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art, the Accademia Galleries (just across the Accademia Bridge), to 3 vaporetto (water-bus) stops – Accademia, Giglio and Sant’ Angelo – for convenient travel about town, and to the traghetto ferry beside the exclusiveGritti Palace Hotel which, during operating hours, carries passengers by gondola across the Grand Canal to the arty and laid-back district of Dorsoduro
Why not join us with your family or friends during your stay at our professionally equipped Venetian home-kitchen ‘A TAVOLA’ situated on one of Venice’s prettiest canals, where you can celebrate the Italian passion for great food, wine and company with…
Informal, hands-on COOKING CLASSES to inspire and delight, with menus focusing on traditional Italian and
Easy-going and informative sommelier-led Italian WINE TASTINGS, with particular emphasis on bottles from the Veneto and Friuli, paired with artisanal cheeses and seasonal local appetisers
A charming PRIVATE EVENT SPACE for your special occasion coupled with the organisational skills and friendly support of our VOV Concierge
Do get in touch for a chat and a quote!
Aria condizionata : Incluso
Biancheria da letto : Inclusa
Check in : Inclusa
Check out : Inclusa
Deposito (rimborsabile) : € 12.000,00 /prenotazione
Disinfezione : Inclusa
Pulizia finale : Inclusa
dimoraitalia.labels.detail.accommodation.touristicregistrationnumber : M02704211570
Prenotazione Parcheggio, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione
Servizio Taxi, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione
Tour Privati, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione
Welcome Box and Shopping at Home, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione