Ca' Minore Secret Garden
Ca' Minore Secret Garden
A wickedly seductive Dorsoduro retreat with a secret garden, bedroom terraces and a quaint canal at your feet!
Beyond an ancient Byzantine archway with intricate carvings in stone, lies the charming Ca’ Minore – your fantasy Venetian home.
Adopting the elegant aesthetic of its moltissimo chic owners within the serene and sleepy alleyways near Campo Incurabili, this freshly refurbished property wraps 6 guests in blissful comfort and boasts a pretty courtyard garden laced with climbing plants and trees.
Within steps of our much-loved garden apartment ‘La Baruffa’, moments from the Peggy Guggenheim and the Zattere’s spectacular canal-side views, the air-conditioned Ca’ Minore offers 3 quietly stylish bedrooms plus Wi-Fi and a washer / dryer for convenience during longer stays.
Impeccably furnished throughout in classic neutral colours and liberally sprinkled with original artwork arousing interest at every turn, the accommodation is spread over 2 floors of the property and comprises:
• Your choice of 2 private entrances depending on your direction of arrival:
One (the Byzantine archway) leading directly into the garden from Calle Navaro (if arriving from the Zattere), and the other into the main apartment from the parallel Calle del Forno (if approaching the apartment from the opposite direction!)
• A well-equipped galley-style kitchen / dining room with streamlined units, white painted beams and a vintage refectory dining table with a pair of matching wooden benches
• An attractively presented sitting room furnished with comfy seating and featuring wide bi-fold French windows opening onto your west-facing furnished garden – such a treat in warmer months and a rare privilege in Venice!
Capturing the sun from the afternoon onwards and lit by Venetian hand-blown glass and wire lanterns for magical al fresco dining beneath the stars, the garden is home to climbing plants and raised flower beds set beside castellated walls of terracotta brickwork, at the centre of which is a decorative wrought-iron water door* guarded by a pair of benign Venetian lions and fronting the tranquil ‘Rio di Toresele’ canal
A sliding door from the sitting room leads into:
• A cosy beamed double bedroom with porthole window looking onto the garden, with twin beds (which can be made into a double upon request) set beneath a painting depicting the nearby 17th-century Chiesa and Scuola Spirito Santo
On the opposite side of the sitting room:
• A handy storage / dressing room with wardrobe leading into
• A stylish bathroom with shower and a beautifully carved stone wash basin entirely in keeping with Ca’ Minore’s historical vibe
Stone steps rise up to the centre of the
1st Floor, where we find:
• 2 double en suite bedrooms, one at either end – both with double beds, beamed ceilings, characterful bottle-bottom, hand-blown glass windows and French doors opening onto private plant-filled furnished terraces which extend over the sublime courtyard garden just below
One bedroom has a smart en suite bathroom with bathtub, while the other has an equally smart en suite bathroom with shower
* Please note that the water door is not in use
A salve for the soul in a secret garden setting, a tucked away treasure in possibly our favourite part of town…
A short stroll to the Church of the Salute, the Palazzo Cini Gallery and to the Punta Della Dogana Center of Contemporary Art at Dorsoduro’s eastern tip, and close to the Accademia Galleries / Bridge on the Grand canal plus a great choice of eating places and bars including Agli Alboretti, Lineadombra and Ristorante Riviera for fine dining, and Osteria Al Squero, Corner Pub and Cantinone Gia Schiavi for spritz and cicheti.
An easy walk to 4 vaporetto (water bus) stops – Zattere Spirito Santo, Zattere, Salute and Accademia for travel around the city (note that St. Mark’s Square can be reached by vaporetto from Salute in under 5 minutes on Line 1!), to 2 Conad supermarkets – one just behind the Zattere Spirito Santo vaporetto stop and the other at the western end of the Zattere – and to the traghetto at Calle Lanza / Calle del Traghetto San Gregorio which, during operating hours, ferries passengers by gondola across the Grand Canal to the traghetto stop beside the Gritti Palace in the district of San Marco.
Also within easy reach of the Alilaguna boat stop connecting the Zattere to Venice's Marco Polo Airport.
Why not join us with your family or friends during your stay at our professionally equipped Venetian home-kitchen ‘A TAVOLA’ situated on one of Venice’s prettiest canals, where you can celebrate the Italian passion for great food, wine and company with…
Informal, hands-on COOKING CLASSES to inspire and delight, with menus focusing on traditional Italian and
Easy-going and informative sommelier-led Italian WINE TASTINGS, with particular emphasis on bottles from the Veneto and Friuli, paired with artisanal cheeses and seasonal local appetisers
A charming PRIVATE EVENT SPACE for your special occasion coupled with the organisational skills and friendly support of our VOV Concierge
Do get in touch for a chat and a quote!
Aria condizionata : Incluso
Biancheria da letto : Inclusa
Check in : Inclusa
Check out : Inclusa
Deposito (rimborsabile) : € 600,00 /prenotazione
Disinfezione : Inclusa
Pulizia finale : € 150,00 /prenotazione
dimoraitalia.labels.detail.accommodation.touristicregistrationnumber : M02704212172
Prenotazione Parcheggio, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione
Servizio Taxi, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione
Tour Privati, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione
Welcome Box and Shopping at Home, prezzo su richiesta : € 0,00 /prenotazione