La casa di Hubert De Givenchy
La casa di Hubert De Givenchy
Chosen by Condé Nast Traveler as one of ‘The 36 Best Airbnbs Across Italy’ – July 23, 2021
‘Elegance is the only beauty that never fades’ - Audrey Hepburn
And beauty shines as bright as a Holly Golightly* smile at this one in a million ‘casa’ in the Dorsoduro sestiere.
The former Venice home of legendary designer Hubert de Givenchy – founder of the iconic fashion house and master of chic – this exquisite palazzo apartment tells a story SO special and like his creations encapsulates a look that is consummately elegant and sleek.
Paris runway-ready and crisply turned out in a style as relevant now as it was back in the day, this exclusive made-to-measure property (a veritable name-dropper’s nirvana!) has been sensitively and luxuriously restored in the most sublime way.
Owned before him by his good friend Susanna ‘Suni’ Agnelli (businesswoman, politician and sister of Gianni of Fiat fame), the fully air-conditioned** apartment is situated on the top 2 floors of the palazzo in a prime real estate setting close to the Salute and the Guggenheim.
Preserving the precious design influences of its distinguished former owners and paying particular homage to Audrey Hepburn (Givenchy’s lifelong friend and muse who personally selected one of the fabrics that still embellishes walls today), this fashionista’s fairytale hosts 6 guests in 3 bedroomed accommodation comprising:
- The main palazzo entrance on the ‘fondamenta’ beside the Rio de Torreselle Canal which opens to reveal an impressive stone staircase rising to the apartment’s private entrance on the…
2nd Floor where we find –
- A bright and elegantly understated sitting room / library in ‘ton sur ton’ whites – a restful reading room and fitting introduction to the apartment featuring finely crafted cabinetry, a comfortable sofa, soft lighting and a pair of windows overlooking the hidden green spaces of well-to-do and well-maintained neighbouring gardens
- The apartment’s strikingly spacious and utterly delicious master bedroom – a candied lemon confection richly enrobed from top to toe in Fortuny’s ‘Persiano Citron’ tapestry tastefully dotted with black & white photographs of Hubert and Audrey – wearing Givenchy, naturally – and showcasing white wooden flooring and tall windows dressed in the sumptuous ruffles of billowing festoon blinds, one of which is a beautiful Venetian gothic ogee-arched ‘bifora’ perfectly illustrating the palazzo’s 16th-century roots
- A light and airy, all-white en suite bathroom – but not just any bathroom! – a wonderful space in its own right boasting marble flooring, a luxurious freestanding roll-top bathtub with central rain shower above, and an inbuilt vanity unit to the side providing the ultimate opportunity for copious pampering and prepping for your very own Venice premiere!
- A narrow curved staircase lit by an extraordinary hand-blown Murano glass Barovier & Toso ‘Hanami’ suspended ceiling lamp drawing the eye upwards and connecting both levels
- A romantic 2nd double bedroom named ‘The Audrey Hepburn Room’ – a ravishingly intimate haven as charming and graceful as the movie star herself – bedecked in Colefax & Fowler’s ‘Lincoln’ French tapestry personally chosen by Miss Hepburn and home to a double bed, a novel electronically automated cupboard and opulently draped windows framing a quintessentially Venetian view towards St. Mark’s Campanile and the domes of Santa Maria Della Salute.
- A separate sparkling 2nd bathroom to the side dressed in dapple-grey marble with large shower.
- A characterful 2nd sitting room revelling in its highly patterned appeal…
- A symphony in Chinoiserie named ‘The Chinese Room’ thanks to Zoffany’s delightful ‘Emperor’s Musician’ tapestry adorning its walls, lampshades and luxurious corner sofa, and featuring a sloping beamed ceiling, painted wooden flooring, garden views beyond and a minaret-topped antique birdcage with one of its doors flung open wide to reveal a little flock of glass birds perfectly at home beneath the beams!
And moving on to one of the most innovative rooms in the house…
- Set beneath the eaves – the original, radiant, (and quite unexpected!), all-white kitchen / dining room.
WAY ahead of its time and perfectly arranged to suit the way we like to cook and entertain today, the room houses a pair of long cantilevered dining tables running along its centre with rising and falling mechanisms designed by Fiat engineers (and now permanently set for your convenience), ample Corian worktops, a sink and stove (and more!) to either side, a walk-in fridge-freezer, plus all the mod-cons you’d expect of such a home!
And forming a semi-private suite at its farthest end…
- Petite in proportion but enormous in impact – a 3rd sitting room / luxury snug attired from head to foot in dapper nautical stripes and with an all-embracing u-shaped sofa (once seated and relaxed you might never want to budge!)
- A 3rd double bedroom with a double bed beneath painted beams – fresh, bright and picked out in pretty raspberry hues – offering splendid views of the Rio de Torreselle Canal, Sansovino’s Palazzo Corner, Salute and St. Mark’s Campanile in the distance, and with its own pristine marble en suite bathroom with shower.
Rising up from the kitchen we complete your virtual tour of the surprising secrets concealed within this 100% unique Venetian home with…
- A spectacular wooden furnished ‘altana’ rooftop terrace offering breathtaking views of Venetian roofscapes all around and the perfect place for enjoying a ‘Moon River’ moment of your own!
Also note that the palazzo’s lush and well-tended lawned garden – shared with other palazzo residents and featuring climbing wisteria, small shrubs and a splendid holm oak tree – may be also be used by guests of La Casa di Hubert de Givenchy (kindly note that picnics, dining and sunbathing are not permitted :).
* The famous role Audrey Hepburn played in the 1961 film 'Breakfast at Tiffany’s' in which she wore Givenchy’s now iconic ‘little black dress’
** Note that certain rooms have ceiling fans in addition to air-conditioning
An unforgettable home alive with glamour of gentler times, expertly tailored and tenderly restored to suit the most cultivated tastes.
Within steps of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, a short amble to the iconic Church of the Salute, the Palazzo Cini Gallery, the Accademia Galleries and to the Punta Della Dogana Centre of Contemporary Art at Dorsoduro’s eastern tip, and close to a fine variety of eating places and bars including Ai Gondolieri and Ristorante Riviera for fine dining, and Osteria Al Squero and Cantinone Gia Schiavi for cicheti and spritz.
An easy waterside stroll to the Conad supermarket at the western end of the stunning Zattere promenade, to 4 vaporetto (water bus) stops – Zattere Spirito Santo, Zattere, Salute and Accademia – for travel around the city (note that St. Mark’s Square can be reached by vaporetto from Salute in under 5 minutes on Line 1!), and also close to the traghetto at Calle Lanza/Calle del Traghetto San Gregorio which, during operating hours, ferries passengers by gondola across the Grand Canal to the traghetto stop beside the Gritti Palace in the district of San Marco.
Also within easy reach of the Alilaguna boat stop connecting the Zattere to Venice's Marco Polo Airport.
Why not join us with your family or friends during your stay at our professionally equipped Venetian home-kitchen ‘A TAVOLA’ situated on one of Venice’s prettiest canals, where you can celebrate the Italian passion for great food, wine and company with…
Informal, hands-on COOKING CLASSES to inspire and delight, with menus focusing on traditional Italian and
Easy-going and informative sommelier-led Italian WINE TASTINGS, with particular emphasis on bottles from the Veneto and Friuli, paired with artisanal cheeses and seasonal local appetisers
A charming PRIVATE EVENT SPACE for your special occasion coupled with the organisational skills and friendly support of our VOV Concierge
Do get in touch for a chat and a quote!
Caution (remboursable) : 1 500,00 € /réservation
Check in : Inclus
Check out : Inclus
Désinfection : Inclus
Linge de lit : Inclus
dimoraitalia.labels.detail.accommodation.touristicregistrationnumber : M0270428587
Réservation de parking, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
Service de taxi, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
Visites privées, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
Welcome Box et Shopping à la maison, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
If you have ever dreamed of an idyllic holiday in a beautiful apartment in one of the world’s most romantic cities, then you should immediately book the Givenchy flat in Venice through VoV! Situated on the top two floors of a beautiful palazzo in the highly desirable Dorsoduro district, this stunning home was the pied à terre of one of the last century’s Fashion Geniuses. Each of the three bedrooms is beautifully decorated and is replete with mementoes of the Legend, as well as those of his Celebrated Muse, Audrey Hepburn. Moreover, the flat comes with a kitchen that will satisfy even the most demanding of chefs. From the multiple ovens and sinks, to the walk-in reefer, to the commercial ham slicer, there is everything to make even the most demanding of chefs happy. The bright and well-lit kitchen also includes ample space for eight hungry eaters ready for a five course meal, after which you can retire to watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s on the large screen TV in the Drawing Roomto play a silly game in the beautiful Blue Sitting Room. A few minutes’ walk from the Ponte dell’ Accademia, and directly opposite the entrance to the Peggy Guggenheim museum, this flat is brilliantly situated to take advantage of all that Venice has to offer while providing a haven of tranquility in what can be a very bustling city.If you have ever dreamed of an idyllic holiday in a beautiful apartment in one of the world’s most romantic cities, then you should immediately book the Givenchy flat in Venice through VoV! Situated on the top two floors of a beautiful palazzo in the highly desirable Dorsoduro district, this stunning home was the pied à terre of one of the last century’s Fashion Geniuses. Each of the three bedrooms is beautifully decorated and is replete with mementoes of the Legend, as well as those of his Celebrated Muse, Audrey Hepburn. Moreover, the flat comes with a kitchen that will satisfy even the most demanding of chefs. From the multiple ovens and sinks, to the walk-in reefer, to the commercial ham slicer, there is everything to make even the most demanding of chefs happy. The bright and well-lit kitchen also includes ample space for eight hungry eaters ready for a five course meal, after which you can retire to watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s on the large screen TV in the Drawing Roomto play a silly game in the beautiful Blue Sitting Room. A few minutes’ walk from the Ponte dell’ Accademia, and directly opposite the entrance to the Peggy Guggenheim museum, this flat is brilliantly situated to take advantage of all that Venice has to offer while providing a haven of tranquility in what can be a very bustling city.15 janv. 2020IsabellaFeedback on the Givenchy Flat
Sending separate e mail because we loved everythingSending separate e mail because we loved everything2 janv. 2020IsabellaWe are sending separate e mail
Le calme de cette demeure avec son jardin les grillons et les oiseaux - le silence en plein cœur de Venise Une demeure sur deux étages (attention à l'escalier) qui permet d'avoir deux zones séparées - une cuisine pièce à vivre parfaitement équipée. Une chambre (de Hubert) très spacieuse avec une merveilleuse salle de bain.Le calme de cette demeure avec son jardin les grillons et les oiseaux - le silence en plein cœur de Venise Une demeure sur deux étages (attention à l'escalier) qui permet d'avoir deux zones séparées - une cuisine pièce à vivre parfaitement équipée. Une chambre (de Hubert) très spacieuse avec une merveilleuse salle de bain.2 sept. 2019Mr. PascalCalme et sérenité en plein Dorsoduro