Ca' dei Diamanti Grand Canal
Ca' dei Diamanti Grand Canal
A distinguished ‘des res’ for 6 in the Palazzo Donà Della Trezza – a 13th-century Venetian-Byzantine Palace on the banks of the Grand Canal.
Caressed by jade green (and occasionally aquamarine!) Canalazzo* waters and blessed with enthralling, gondola-bobbing, dual-aspect views, this handsome ‘House of Diamonds ’ sits in a corner-hugging position on the ground & 1st floors of the palazzo connected by stairs.
Sharing this stretch of the famous waterway with its glitterati-attracting neighbour** in the atmospheric and labyrinthine San Polo sestiere, Ca’ Dei Diamanti Grand Canal offers upside down-style accommodation, purposely configured to make the most of those dazzlingly awesome views!
‘Modern Venetian’ in decor, air-conditioned throughout and near the Rialto markets and cicheti-serving bacari just a few twists and turns away, this refreshed 3 bedroomed property provides a washing machine*** and Wi-Fi and comprises –
- Your very own private front door leading directly into the apartment from the lantern-lit Calle Del Traghetto De La Madoneta, moments from Campo San Polo - one of Venice’s largest and most impressive, palazzo-fringed squares
- A spacious double bedroom - simple and pared down in style – with a double bed, a pair of windows facing the Grand Canal, oriental rug-topped wooden flooring, plus a raised mirrored wardrobe to the rear of the room
Reached via a few steps – a restful 2nd double bedroom to the middle of the apartment with partially beamed ceiling, Marmorino walls, woodblock flooring, ample wardrobe space, a double bed above a glass panel framing a 13th -century water well beneath (!), plus a marble en suite bathroom with bathtub and shower over
Staircase rising to the…
Where a landing with star-embellished beams leads you to –
- A superbly positioned dual-aspect beamed sitting room – lit by the morning and early afternoon sun and showcasing a Murano glass chandelier, a pair of windows on the Grand Canal to the fore and a tall window with balustrade to the side enjoying palazzo-skimming vistas extending down to Ca’ Foscari at the ‘volta del canal’, plus a pair of white leather Chesterfield sofas upon oriental rug-topped wooden flooring
- An elegant dining room to the centre of the apartment – tastefully fashioned and furnished with a series of ornithological prints, a Murano chandelier and matching wall sconce set beneath painted wooden beams, and a contemporary dining suite seating 6 beside a modern display cabinet housing a collection of porcelain vases and antique figurines
- A well-equipped and streamlined kitchen with a tall window with balustrade to the side, integrated appliances and everything you need to rustle up a quick pranzo with the minimum of fuss
- Ca’ Dei Diamanti’s 3rd double bedroom – a dainty little boudoir fit for a fairy-tale romance! – where a pretty wrought-iron double bed awaits its 2 sleepy bedfellows beneath a charming frescoed ceiling, and polished Venetian terrazzo flooring gleams beside ivory painted walls
And completing the accommodation on the same floor…
- 2 further bathrooms – each with a shower and salmon pink marble fittings
* An alternative ‘local’ name for Venice’s Grand Canal
** The luxurious 5-star Aman Hotel and its wisteria-hemmed canal-side garden within the 16th-century Palazzo Papadopoli located just next door – note that its spa, restaurant and bar are open to non-resident guests
*** A separate tumble dryer is also available – quite a rarity in Venice and handy for longer stays
We just couldn’t help falling in love with Ca’ Dei Diamanti Grand Canal – our new ‘high carat’ love nest promising a flawless Venice stay!
A prestigious address in a history-heavy palazzo, tucked away from the crowds on its landside yet with the excellent facilities very close to hand.
Wonderfully positioned between the Rialto area just to the north (with its famous food markets, bacari and tight network of little alleyways and bridges) and to the Dorsoduro district in the south (with its wide fondamente, antique shops and art galleries).
Within seconds of all that’s happening in and around Campo San Polo, and only a few minutes amble to the 14th century Church of the Frari and the Tintoretto-filled Scuola Grande Di San Rocco.
Close to 3 supermarkets – a small Coop near Sant' Aponal, a well-stocked Conad near the Frari, and a CRAI Cassa at Campo San Tomà – in addition to a plethora of shops, bars and cafes to satisfy all your self-catering needs.
Within a stone’s throw of some excellent local restaurants including the casual, umbrella-shaded Birreria La Corte; the reassuringly old-school Alla Madonna; the charming Ai 4 Feri Ponte Storto; and the very famous and much-celebrated Antiche Carampane – the latter hidden deep within the silent and narrow winding alleyways but surprisingly close to your apartment… if you know the way! ;)
Also an easy stroll to 2 vaporetto stops – San Silvestro (with no bridges to cross in between) and San Tomà – and to the traghetto gondola ferry at San Tomà for trips across the Grand Canal to the must-see sights of the San Marco sestiere
Why not join us with your family or friends during your stay at our professionally equipped Venetian home-kitchen ‘A TAVOLA’ situated on one of Venice’s prettiest canals, where you can celebrate the Italian passion for great food, wine and company with…
Informal, hands-on COOKING CLASSES to inspire and delight, with menus focusing on traditional Italian and
Easy-going and informative sommelier-led Italian WINE TASTINGS, with particular emphasis on bottles from the Veneto and Friuli, paired with artisanal cheeses and seasonal local appetisers
A charming PRIVATE EVENT SPACE for your special occasion coupled with the organisational skills and friendly support of our VOV Concierge
Do get in touch for a chat and a quote!
Caution (remboursable) : 600,00 € /réservation
Check in : Inclus
Check out : Inclus
Climatisation : Inclus
Désinfection : Inclus
Linge de lit : Inclus
Ménage fin de séjour : 135,00 € /réservation
dimoraitalia.labels.detail.accommodation.touristicregistrationnumber : M0270428589
Réservation de parking, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
Service de taxi, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
Visites privées, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
Welcome Box et Shopping à la maison, prix sur demande : 0,00 € /réservation
The view from the apartment is magical and unforgettable with the light on the canal at different times of the day, it is so beautiful. You can't help but appreciate that you are looking at a view painted by artists over the centuries. The apartment is wonderfully quiet except for the lovely sound of lapping water you hear when in the canal side bedroom. The location is ideally suited to walking everywhere - I especially recommend a daily visit to Rizzaardini, very close by, for coffee and cakes. There are excellent restaurants just a few minutes away yet the apartment is situated in its own quiet but bright calle. You are close to the tourist trail, but if you are wise you visit San Marco early in the morning or at night and explore the rest of Venice during the day. The after hours tour of St Mark's basilica (book online) is amazing. Overall the apartment is excellent: stylish, clean, modern and safe, but the Views on Venice team are exceptional. Don't hesitate to use this company from ordering taxis to groceries to taking your luggage to the airport, and at a reasonable cost. Thank you Views on Venice team, you helped make our holiday special.The view from the apartment is magical and unforgettable with the light on the canal at different times of the day, it is so beautiful. You can't help but appreciate that you are looking at a view painted by artists over the centuries. The apartment is wonderfully quiet except for the lovely sound of lapping water you hear when in the canal side bedroom. The location is ideally suited to walking everywhere - I especially recommend a daily visit to Rizzaardini, very close by, for coffee and cakes. There are excellent restaurants just a few minutes away yet the apartment is situated in its own quiet but bright calle. You are close to the tourist trail, but if you are wise you visit San Marco early in the morning or at night and explore the rest of Venice during the day. The after hours tour of St Mark's basilica (book online) is amazing. Overall the apartment is excellent: stylish, clean, modern and safe, but the Views on Venice team are exceptional. Don't hesitate to use this company from ordering taxis to groceries to taking your luggage to the airport, and at a reasonable cost. Thank you Views on Venice team, you helped make our holiday special.10 nov. 2019DeirdreWonderful