Ca' degli Affreschi Florence
Ca' degli Affreschi Florence
A ‘Florence-fabulous’ retreat – brand new to our portfolio – matching contemporary with traditional on the sun-bathed banks of the Arno
Showcasing an array of architectural elements forever associated with the city including terracotta tiling, louvered shutters and painted frescoes overhead, the 1st floor Ca’ degli Affreschi will envelope you in elegance from the moment you wake up, to the time you retire to bed.
Boasting a sublime waterside panorama (particularly magical at sunset) stretching from the Porta San Niccolòand Piazzale Michelangelo to the left to the Boboli Gardens and Pitti Palace to the right, this 2-bedroom apartment sleeps 4 in air-conditioned comfort, with a lift for easy access and soundproofed rooms for peace at night.
Wonderfully positioned near the Basilica and Piazza di Santa Croce, close to the Uffizi Gallery, Palazzo Vecchio plus shops and restaurants galore, the immediate area is renowned for its prestigious leather school* and artisans, and the monumental National Central Library of Florence** just a few steps from your door.
Enhanced by the top-tier support you’ve come to expect from Dimora Italia, and offering Wi-Fi and a washer/dryer that comes in handy during longer stays, Ca’ degli Affreschi’s refined yet unpretentious accommodation comprises:
Stairs or lift from the communal hallway leading up to the
- Lit by a pair of tall windows with thrilling views of the Arno to the fore*** - a spacious sitting/dining room beautifully attired in an understated elephant grey with splendid painted frescos overhead, gorgeous herringbone terracotta tiling underfoot and stylishly furnished with a pair of distressed leather Chesterfield sofas, a Knoll Saarinen dining table with Tulip chairs seating 6, plus a pair of trendy Egg chairs in a small reading area to the side
- A contemporary-style kitchen to the centre of the apartment with streamlined units, marble flooring and all the equipment you’ll need for making the most of the wonderful produce from the nearby Sant’ Ambrogio market!
- Ca’ degli Affreschi’s 2 teal-blue bedrooms to the rear, attractively presented on a ‘farfalla’ (butterfly) theme:
A principal bedroom with double bed
A small but very cosy twin bedroom with 2 singles
And completing the recently refurbished accommodation:
- 2 ultra-smart modern bathrooms in chestnut mushroom- brown situated to the centre of the apartment – one very spacious with large shower, and the other a little smaller, also with shower
* The ‘Scuola del Cuoio’ – the Leather School of Florence
** Italy’s largest national public library!
***Perfect for watching the fabulous ‘Fochi San Giovanni’ fireworks held at Piazzale Michelangelo every 24 June
Escape the everyday and embrace ‘La Dolce Vita’ at this chic yet homely city-base on the banks of the Arno.
Within moments of the Basilica and sunny Piazza di Santa Croce and an easy stroll to Brunelleschi’s iconic Duomo, Palazzo and Ponte Vecchio, and the enormous, statue-filled Piazza della Signoria.
A quick hop across the Arno to the artisans and art galleries of the Oltrano, for spectacular city views from Piazzale Michelangelo, and for a visit to the many treasures of the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens.
Cafes, restaurants and markets are dotted along the city’s streets, while a local Conad supermarket on Corso dei Tintori satisfies your self-catering needs, and a nearby car park provides parking if arriving on four wheels.
Do get in touch if you require details of transfers between Venice and Florence, or if you have any other queries - we’ll be delighted to help
And to close with a quote from Mark Twain on Florence –
“This is the fairest picture on our planet, the most enchanting to look upon, the most satisfying to the eye and the spirit. To see the sun sink down, drowned on his pink and purple and golden floods, and overwhelm Florence with tides of color that make all the sharp lines dim and faint and turn the solid city to a city of dreams, is a sight to stir the coldest nature, and make a sympathetic one drunk with ecstasy.”
Payment method: Credit Card
Pay Way: Arrival
Bed linen : Included
Check in : Included
Check out : Included
Disinfection : Included
Final Cleaning : €120.00 /booking
Internet Access : Included
Security Deposit (refundable) : €400.00 /booking
Private Tours, price on request : €0.00 /booking
Taxi Service, price on request : €0.00 /booking
Welcome Box and Shopping at Home, price on request : €0.00 /booking
Wine Tasting in an Exclusive Location, price on request : €0.00 /booking
Check-out schedule: 11:00
We kindly ask you to contact us 1 week before your stay to let us know your estimated arrival time in the city so that we can make arrangements to meet you and escort you to the property.
We kindly ask you to phone us about your arrival time once you are at your destination.
Tourist tax not included.
VAT included in the accommodation price.